“So Colleen, tell us about yourself.”
What a funny question to answer as someone who’s in their twenties, because we’re all just trying to figure out how to bake chicken just right and iron that one shirt that always looks like a origami disaster. There’s a lot I’m still in the process of uncovering, but I’ll spill what I do know:
- If there’s one thing I want to do for the rest of my life, it’s laugh.
- I love moving my body – whether that comes in the form of dancing or exercising or jumping as I try and fit into my clean jeans, I’m all for it.
- I dig juicey words that pack in such huge meaning into such a small space, and when you mix that with a metaphor, I’m done for.
- I whole-heartedly believe the best way to love on someone is to ask them questions.
- I’m an includer, and I get a fire lit under my fanny when I see someone who’s overlooked or voiceless.
- I’m a big, big fan of the enneagram – hi, 3w2 here, and proud of it! *wink, wink*
- I’m passionate about discovering the root of surface-level issues and using the discoveries in a way to encourage people to find their way to healing and growth.
- I’m a truth-speaker. It just spills out of me. I hate when vulnerability is thrown out the window, and I can sense when authenticity is tossed into the trash. Life is too short to wear the mask.
Yep, that’s it, that’s pretty much the gist. I’m here to make you laugh and make you think; it’s as simple as that. But don’t be fooled, the words I write are from the One who writes my future, and I’m just the twenty-something who decided to share them with you. Now if you need me, I’ll be wrestling my hand-wash only shirt and scouring the internet’s search results for the key to cooking a good piece of poultry.