Hi sweet friend!
It’s ya girl Colleen, and it’s so dang great to “meet” you! I’m overjoyed that you’ve found yourself at my little internet nook. I know, I know, you’re probably thinking, “Cut the crap, Colleen, let’s get to the good stuff!” I’m glad you said something, without further ado…
See this? This is me.
Poised, posed, and put-together.
Lol, who am I kidding?
I like to think this is what I look like all the time, but if we’re being completely honest, that’s just not me.
See this one on the right? Yeah.. That’s more like it!
Caught off guard, goofing around, and probably laughing a little too loudly.
This is what I look like most of the time.
I guess that’s the beauty (and the downfall) of social media–I can pick and choose what side of me you see.
Here at Colleen’s Cluttered Collections, I’m ALL about being real, whether that looks like the first picture or the second. Just thought I’d lay that foundation down real quick.
So yeah, I’m a little whack, really broken, and super sarcastic. Sorry ’bout it.
It’s cool, though, because God’s found a really incredible way to use all of these things to bring people closer to Him.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret, just between the two of us: Colleen’s Cluttered Collections wasn’t really in my plan. Coming from the chick who was cut from her school’s writing club, I didn’t ever consider myself a “writer.”
That is, until I started putting my thoughts out there and, in return, I continued to hear the phrase…
Those two words from family, friends, and strangers gave me a sense of mission and a calling to continue with what started to become something like a part-time job. (My favorite part-time job to be exact…)
So, enough about this site, let’s dig in just a little bit more!
- My favorite food is ice cream. 110%. I don’t know that I’ve ever been able to turn it down. And if it includes chocolate, cookie dough, peanut butter, Oreo, red velvet, or lemon, I’m all there. 110%.
- I think power outages are the coolest thing. It brings people together. What’s better than huddling by a candle while the rain dances on the roof?
- Beyoncé. The end.
- Waves are a wonderful mixture of dangerous and beautiful. God has taught me so dang much through them, and I could listen to them crash against the shore for the rest of my life.
- You can find me dancing more often than not. Pop, lock, and drop it, fam!
- Smelly candles and smelly lotion make me happy. The good kind of smelly, though. Just thought I’d clarify.
- I love meeting new people and asking them ridiculous questions, can I get a HOLLA if you’ve experienced these questions?! (If so, I’d like to take this moment to formally apologize.)
- Oftentimes, I change inappropriate lyrics to Jesus lyrics while listening to pop music.
- I firmly believe that one of the best ways you can love on someone is to ask them questions.
- My favorite phrases include: What the fruit? AMIRIGHTLADIES?! and bless up.
Above all of this, know that the words I write are from the One who writes my future, and I’m just the clumsy girl who decided to share them with you.
Thanks for wanting to get to know me just a little bit more. I hope through this journey together I can do the same with you!